Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Feel Like Throwing Things Today

I’m having one of those days, no not one of those wonderfully spectacular just generally great days. I’m having the other kind, you know, the kind of day that makes you want to throw things.

The day didn’t start off promising as I awoke to dark grey skies and buckets upon buckets of big fat rain drops. I bundled myself up and prepared to face the elements; after all, I’m an Oregon girl. I don’t let a little drizzle get me down! I was about halfway between my car and Starbucks when the flood gates opened up. And I mean really opened up. As I rushed to find solace under the eves of Starbucks I felt the heel of my shoe become….dislodged. You mean the quick fix all duct tape that I had used earlier to secure my slightly loosened heel last week after I tripped hadn’t worked? No way. Duct tape, obviously, is as I mentioned one of my favorite fix all techniques and the thought that it had let me down in my time of need did not bode well with me. I kind of felt like throwing something.

Fast forward to when I arrive at the office. It’s FREAKING FREEZING so after throwing about ten logs onto our somewhat electrically challenged heater I head to the bathroom in a last ditch attempt to salvage something somewhat resembling presentable hair. In the end it is soaking wet and stringy so into the messy bun it goes! Yes, I’m cool like that and would never let a little thing like stringy hair get me down. The day can still be saved at this point.
That’s right, positive thinking! Positive thinking! (Even though I really feel like throwing things at this point….)

The boss arrives and my Happy-Go-Lucky Employee Smile is plastered on. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job, I silently chant to myself. It’s no use, my boss gets here and within the hour my Happy-Go-Lucky Employee Smile has been squashed like a bug. I hate my job and really, really feel like throwing things at this point!

And to top it all off I got a B- on my freakin political science paper. I am pissed, well not exactly pissed but I don’t think I have ever received even a B on a paper. Maybe a B+ at some point but the thing that makes me the most frustrated is it is entirely my fault. Yes, that’s right I am admitting I was wrong. I did not do the proper research or give myself enough time to complete the paper, which makes things worse because this particular event could have been prevented by me! I bet you never thought those words would come out of my mouth be typed on my computer! So yes, I am admitting I was wrong but don’t get too used to it.

These, in part, are some of the reasons I feel like throwing things today.

No comments:

Post a Comment